VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Mini DV tapes to PC

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Mini DV tapes to PC was created by BobH

Posted 05 May 2021 02:11 #1
Hi all,
I have many mini DV tapes recorded some years ago. I used to transfer to my pc using the mini DV camcorder via a firewire connection. I no longer have my mini DV camcorder and no longer have a firewire connection on my pc. Is there a device that will play the tapes and transfer directly to my pc via usb or transfer to a sd card? I doubt it is possible but I thought I would enquire, as I would like to re-edit some of this old footage.
Thanks
BobH
Last Edit:05 May 2021 11:28 by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mini DV tapes to PC

Posted 05 May 2021 11:42 #2
Hi Bob

I have no knowledge on this topic.

Without a camera, there is nothing you can do personally.
My best recommendation is to find someone that can do this for you.
By time you found a 2nd hand camera and installed a Firewire card in your PC, you would have already spent a lot of money!
In Australia, there are a lot of people online who offer a service to do the conversion for you.
I just did a quick Google search and found this in the UK.
tapestodigital.co.uk/

There's probably many other places that can do this for you in the UK, if you do some deep Google searches locally.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Replied by BobH on topic Mini DV tapes to PC

Posted 05 May 2021 20:45 #3
Hi Derek and thank you for getting back to me. If there had been a quick solution then I might have given it a go, but I guess I will leave it and concentrate my efforts elsewhere. My son and family live in Sydney and hopefully I might be able to get out there at the end of the year; leave our winter for the summer down under.

As always thank you for you prompt reply.

Regards
BobH
Last Edit:06 May 2021 13:12 by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds