VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Reporting incorrect product features & instructions in HELP FILES for VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum

DoctorZen wrote: You can only open .vf Vegas Movie Studio files in Vegas Movie Studio and Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

You can open .vf Vegas Movie Studio / Platinum project files in Vegas Pro.
You cannot open .veg Vegas Pro files in Vegas Movie Studio / Platinum.

So?? sorry if I don't follow you, isn't this thread about errors?
by FayFen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1564

So?? sorry if I don't follow you, isn't this thread about errors?

Yes this thread is only about errors found in the Vegas Help Files.

You asked this question and I replied with an answer.

Indeed, I saw that first in the VMS16 pdf so I went to find any veg files... I couldn't open them in VMS.
Do you?

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

FayFen wrote: So?? sorry if I don't follow you, isn't this thread about errors?

I get the same error as FayFen.

The reference in the Help Files, of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16, is to .veg project files, which as we know is a Vegas Pro file, and should be a reference to .vf project files.
Best Regards......George

I found another error in VMSP Help file.
"The calculated frame rate takes into account any changes made to event speed with velocity envelope, playback rate, and undersample rate. "

VMS doesn't have velocity envelope.
by FayFen
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1564

FayFen wrote: I found another error in VMSP Help file.
"The calculated frame rate takes into account any changes made to event speed with velocity envelope, playback rate, and undersample rate. "

VMS doesn't have velocity envelope.

Thanks for the report FayFen !
I did contact the Vegas developers about theses errors a few months ago.
Apparently since Magix took over, one person in Germany is responsible for editing the Vegas help files and not the Vegas team in USA.
I will pass on your report to Magix.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

I guess VMS17 will pop up soon, I wonder will all mistakes be corrected,
so here another one
by FayFen
Attachments:

"Details
Displays a list of each file in the Project Media window and a spreadsheet that displays information about the media file:
You can control the information that is displayed by right-clicking the Project Media window and choosing View from the shortcut menu. A list of the available fields is displayed in the shortcut menu:
Name
Use Count
Type"
etc.

Would that be what you wanted to see?
Last Edit:30 Jan 2020 03:16 by vkmast
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, FayFen

OH... now I see it.
I just was expecting it in Explorer view as well.
But now I learned how to add Media to the project bins and not by dragging to the TL.
On my other NLE all the info was there regardless if in a project or not.

** I need to adjust to collecting media first.

Thank you.
by FayFen

I just came across this error regarding crop OFX in VMS16 ... and how is it in VMS17?
This
vs that
Last Edit:16 Jul 2020 17:11 by FayFen
Attachments:

The Crop FX is available only in VEGAS Pro and Movie Studio Platinum software. But this seems to be one of those cases when the Help document writer did not check the difference between the options in a VEGAS Pro fx vs a VMSP fx. The error you show is also in VMS 17 Platinum online help.

Btw, I always prefer to use "VMSP" as I think "VMS" should refer to the basic/standard/classic version only. There are too many queries on the forums where a user says he/she has an issue with "VMS". We need to know which one as the basic one does have several restrictions that Platinum does not. I'm one of the several users thinking that the basic VMS version should be dropped altogether.
Last Edit:17 Jul 2020 01:00 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.862 seconds