VEGAS Pro 22
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Registration failed for software bought on Amazon

Registration failed for software bought on Amazon was created by TreeTops

Posted 05 Aug 2024 03:30 #1
Downloaded Movie Studio 17 Platimum from Amazon.
Used the serial they gave me.
It failed registration saying invalid serial.
Notified Magix by email.
I will update this when I get a response.
Last Edit:05 Aug 2024 18:54 by TreeTops

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Registration failed for software bought on Amazon

Posted 05 Aug 2024 13:25 #2
Did Amazon actually give you a Serial code starting "P3-".  Or did they give you a voucher code for redeeming on the Magix site when Magix will send you a serial code for activation.
Last Edit:05 Aug 2024 18:54 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Registration failed for software bought on Amazon

Posted 05 Aug 2024 19:18 #3
Hi Tree Tops

1. Ask for a refund direct from Amazon.
2. Never buy retired software from Amazon or eBay - 99% of the time it is from a scam/fake seller, pretending to be legit (they are not).
3. VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum was officially retired by MAGIX in 2022, which means it is no longer supported and shouldn't be for sale anymore, on any site.
4. Only buy software directly through official site.
5. I don't know which link you used on Amazon, but there is no store called "VEGAS" anymore - MAGIX is the only legit store in 2024.
6. If you go to the MAGIX store on Amazon and search for VEGAS Movie Studio 17 Platinum, zero results show.

The new versions of MAGIX Movie Studio have nothing to do with the retired VEGAS Movie Studio versions - it's a completely different program.

If you like using VEGAS, I recommend upgrading to VEGAS Pro 22, which has just been released.
If you own an older version of VEGAS, you should qualify for the upgrade pricing.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by TreeTops on topic Registration failed for software bought on Amazon

Posted 07 Aug 2024 01:02 #4
Yes ERIC, P3 was included.
DoctorZen.#2. Tried first to find a link on this site to down load it but couldn't find a link.
#3. I was aware of that.
#4. No link found on Magix site for Movie Studio 17.

I wanted to stick with Movie Studio because I was used to it. 

Posted 07 Aug 2024 18:56 #5
As Eric stated, legit MAGIX serial numbers start with P3 and are followed by 6 groups of 5 digit numbers.
P3-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

The only other thing that is important is your email addresses.
Normally you need to use the same email address you used to buy the software with your Serial number, which should be the same email address used for your MAGIX account.
Once a Serial number is registered/activated, it will be accessible via your MAGIX account.
www.magix.com/us/support/my-service-center/
Once logged in, go to My Products.

Please let us know what happens, once MAGIX support contacts you.
Support may be a little slow this time of year, due to people taking annual holidays during Northern Hemisphere summer.
However, normally they are fast to respond for registration issues.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 10 Aug 2024 10:03 #6
Trying to take this up with Amazon as Magix has failed to respond. So far not going well as there is no link to dispute this purchase. When I go to see my recent purchases, there is no 'return item button', probably because the listing stated this was not a returnable item. So anyone know what I should do next?

Posted 11 Aug 2024 09:02 #7
Update: Finally got through to Amazon Chat. Here's the result:

"Digital orders are non refundable , however since you are valuable customer with us, I have successfully cancelled the order and issued a refund for the same, which will reflect in your original payment method within 3-5 business days."

Posted 11 Aug 2024 20:00 #8
Thanks for reporting back.
I'm glad you will get your money back.

The next time I am talking to the sales department at MAGIX, I will ask them about the products they sell via Amazon and if VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum is legit or a scammer store.

My recommendation is that you upgrade to VEGAS Pro 22 when you can afford it.
If you own an older version of VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum, you should qualify for the upgrade price!
VEGAS Pro 22 is the BIG brother of VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum, which means the core basics are the same.
Due to the similarity, you won't have to learn from scratch.

After a very long absence from making new tutorials, I will be returning soon.
I will be releasing tutorials anyone can understand, without having previous knowledge.

Cheers 

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.851 seconds