VEGAS Pro 22
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Deep learning models in VP21

• Brian
  • Brian's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 11

Deep learning models in VP21 was created by Brian

Posted 17 May 2024 23:03 #1
I have just purchased Vegas Pro 21.  In a project I am doing I wish to remove the background  and AI smart mask seemed just what I needed.  Howver though I have downloaded (and that wasn't easy to do) the Deep learning models,  the smart mask keeps asking me to download the models in spite of the fact that I have and installed same.
What am I doing wrong?  Can someone advise.  Thanks

Brian
Last Edit:19 May 2024 15:22 by Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Deep learning models in VP21

Posted 19 May 2024 15:52 #2
Hi Brian

Which build version of VEGAS Pro 21 did you install ?
Which build version of the Deep Learning Models did you install ?

Did you have any cracked (pirated) versions of VEGAS Pro 21 installed before ?
If you did this, that can screw up VEGAS Pro and require a deep removal of all program files before reinstalling from a fresh download.

What specifically wasn't easy about downloading the program ?
Did you use the installer? Screen shot below.

A new build version for VEGAS Pro 21 (build 314) was released just a few days ago, and it is causing problems for some people, especially if they are using an AMD Graphics Card.
I would recommend installing the slightly older version of VEGAS Pro 21, which is build #300.
You can download build 300 from this link here:
rdir.magix.net/?page=80N4MLVZXBDT

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Deep learning models in VP21

Posted 19 May 2024 20:28 #3
Hi Derek,
I've got build 314 of Vegas pro 21.  I don't know what version of the learning models I have.
When I tried to access AI smart mask it told me to go to vegassoftware.com and download the learning models.  However I could not find them on that site.  I finished up at a vegas forum where someone had had the same problems and got a different link given to them.  I tried it and was able to download. I installed it but still got the same message in Pro 21.
However since posting my cry for help, last night I tried uninstalling the models and re downloading and installed and it now works.  (I did not get a a screen as illustrated in your reply to me.I just clicked on the downloaded file and got usual installation wizaed.
Will it cause a problem if I down load build 300?
Have you done any tutorials on using the AI smart mask?  I wish to remove backgrounds on a couple of shots.  Does it take long to process?

I hpe you are feeling in good health again.
Many thanks from an ancient wrinkly whose brain doesn't seem to work as well as it used to.
Regards,  Brian

by Brian

Posted 20 May 2024 19:12 #4
I'm just going to go back to basics before moving forward.
When I buy any MAGIX program, you should have been sent an email with various download links and serial numbers - make sure to keep this email and save a copy of all your serial (activation) codes. One link should have been for the VEGAS downloader manager, as shown in my screen shot. When you use this, it will download everything needed for VEGAS Pro to work properly. Sometimes when MAGIX has special sales/offers, you may also get additional download links via email only - not shown in download manager.

Which exact version of VEGAS Pro 21 did you buy ?
VEGAS Pro Edit or VEGAS Pro Suite ?
If you bought the "Suite" version, you need to download the manager (2nd link below) and run it, so all other programs are installed.
If you bought the "Edit" version, you already have everything you need installed now.

If you bought VEGAS Pro Edit (no frills version), here is a direct link for the download manager:
Vegas Pro Edit 21 Download Manager

If you bought VEGAS Pro Suite (comes with additional programs), here is a direct link for the download manager:
Vegas Pro Suite 21 Download Manager

VEGAS Pro 21 - Build 314 vs 300
If your computer uses an AMD Graphics Card, I would recommend temporarily installing build version 300.
Apparently there is some kind of bug in build version #314, that is causing problems for AMD GPU users.
If you computer uses an Nvidia GPU or Intel integrated graphics, build #314 should be working just fine.

On my website, I have an update links page for all versions of VEGAS Pro, with all the release notes.
You can also find older version links on the official VEGAS Pro forum here .

AI Smart Mask
I have not made any tutorials for using AI Smart Mask in VEGAS Pro.
I haven't made any tutorials for VEGAS Pro, in a very long time, due to my lifelong health problem.
However, I am working on coming back from the dead right now, and will begin making new tutorials very soon.
Some folks on YouTube have made tutorials on how to use the AI Smarty Mask tool.
Here is one from VEGAS Creative Software:

Regards
Derek

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Brian
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by Brian on topic Deep learning models in VP21

Posted 22 May 2024 02:37 #5
Hi Derek,  I have Vegas Pro edit 21 build 314.  My laptop uses an Invidia graphics card.  Not very new though. Laptop is some 8 years old.  Am thinking of updating.  You have already given me a spec of what I should be looking for. Thanks.
Do you know of a quick, reliable background removal programme?

Regards  Brian..
Last Edit:22 May 2024 17:27 by Brian

Posted 22 May 2024 17:39 #6

Do you know of a quick, reliable background removal programme?

AI Smart Mask in VEGAS Pro, is designed to do exactly that.
Smart Mask creates a bezier mask (a cut out around the object) you want to separate from the background.
Creating Masks (cut outs) in VEGAS Pro works both ways.
You can cut out and remove the person or object OR cut out and remove the background, which then can be replaced with a different background.

The best way to deal with backgrounds, is to use traditional green screen (chroma-key) methods, by filming yourself in front of a green screen. Then you can add whatever background you like using VEGAS Pro.

If you are dealing with Still Images, programs similar to Adobe Photoshop can also do this type of thing.

Last Edit:07 Jul 2024 16:32 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.858 seconds